Help With CamNtech Products and Software
CamNtech products are designed for simple ‘plug and play’ operation, however, sometimes things can go wrong!
The sections below provide some assistance with fixing more common issues with our devices or software.
The MotionWatch battery life depends upon a number of factors including the brand/quality of battery used, the operating mode and ambient temperature. The battery life indicator within the software will always provide a good estimate of remaining life but always err on the side of caution.
The battery replacement procedure is critical to the correct operation of the watch. Always follow the process as described in the user guide which is summarised as follows:
- Always download any data first
- Remove the old battery
- Wait at least 1 minute (better to wait for longer, i.e. 5 minutes)
- Fit the new battery (with correct orientation)
- The front LED should illuminate for approximately 4 seconds
- The LED will go off for 8-12 seconds
- The LED will flash once
After this sequence is complete, re-connect the MotionWatch to the Computer and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the battery reset.
If the sequence does not complete or if the battery life is not updated after connecting the computer, then repeat the process by removing the new battery; wait longer before re-fitting the battery.
Ensure that the battery is not depleted in the MotionWatch. Fit a new battery by carefully following the procedure as described above. Re-connect the MotionWatch and download any data immediately.
It is important to use the USB cable supplied with your MotionWatch as this has a longer connector which ensures a good connection with the device.
A worn or damaged USB cable may give connection problems.
If you are still unable to connect to the MotionWatch, please contact us for assistance.
Actiheart 5 Help
If the Actiheart 5 is stored or not used for long periods of time, the battery may run down to a very low level and the device will become un-responsive. The typical signs of this condition are:
- Device will not communicate with the computer (may not be recognised as a USB device).
- The front LED does not illuminate to indicate battery charging
In this case, it is normally possible to recover the battery by using the following steps:
- Connect the Actiheart 5 to a suitable wall charger for at least 4 hours.
- Disconnect from the wall charger and connect to the computer (should be recognised as a USB device).
- Attempt to apply a set-up to the Actiheart 5 – this will cause the device to exit bootloader mode.
- Continue to charge the battery as required until fully charged (green LED).
The battery will not be damaged and should offer normal service life after recovery.
Ensure that the Actiheart 5 battery is fully charged before storage and every 3 months to prevent the battery shutdown described above.
Note: A worn or damaged USB cable may cause communications problems.
If you are still experiencing difficulties with the Actiheart 5, please contact us for assistance.