The PRO–Diary is a compact wrist–worn electronic diary with integrated activity monitor designed to collect Patient Reported Outcome (subjective data) and Actigraphy (objective data) simultaneously. The PRO-Diary is a key tool in studies requiring Ecological Momentary Assessment (EMA). The subject can report on symptoms, affect, behaviour and cognitions close in time to experience, and these reports are obtained many times over the course of a study.
The PRO-Diary has integrated motion logging as standard. Using the MotionWare Software, customers can use PRO-Diary and MotionWatch 8 interchangeably to create their ideal actigraphy solution.
Questionnaires can be designed using the PRO-Diary software and then loaded via USB. Questions can be asked at given times, random times or can be user initiated with flexible scheduling of up to 30 days.
How does it work?
The PRO–Diary user interface consists of a touch sensitive 'slider' device, two buttons and an ultra–clear OLED screen, additionally the device now contains a tri-axial accelerometer as standard.
Questions are programmed in the easy–to–use software then uploaded to the device via USB. The PRO–Diary can ask questions of eight different types; please see the questions page for more information on the different formats. Once completed, questions are downloaded to PC and can be analysed within the software and then exported to third party programmes if required. Please see the results page for more information.
With motion logging enabled, the PRO-Diary can record with a range of epochs for up to 14 days, assuming 10 minutes of questionnaire interface time per day. If motion logging is not selected, the PRO-Diary can record fo
r up to 28 days, assuming 10 minutes of interface time per day. Questionnaire data can be downloaded and viewed within the PRO-Diary software. Motion data can be analysed either in CamNtech's new MotionWare software or in the Actiwatch Activity and Sleep Analysis software.
- Integrated accelerometer provides activity and sleep data – now included as standard
- Key tool for Ecological Momentary Assessment (EMA). See this article for background of EMA.
- Interchangeable with MotionWatch 8 as part of an actigraphy system
- Collect objective and subjective data simultaneously
- The PRO–Diary can offer much higher levels of compliance than paper based alternatives
- Excellent compliance rates in comparison with other electronic data capture methods*
- Programmable alarms ensure maximum possible patient response
- User configurable: questionnaires are written on our intuitive software and then uploaded and downloaded via USB
- Ask any question, in any language and in any format
- 2 week battery life (4 with motion disabled) allows long–term data capture in the field**
- Ultra–clear screen easily read by users of all age groups
- Minimal analysis time with automatic data export in any format
- Record answers regularly not retrospectively; full visibility of when your subject is answering questions and how long it takes them to do so.
*A recent study showed 84% PRO–Diary compliance compared with 74% Palm Pilot compliance.
** @ approx. 15 mins of questioning per–day
The PRO-Diary questionnaire function has been validated against paper diaries in a report prepared for CamNtech by the University of Surrey. The motion module is identical to that used in the MotionWatch, which has been validated against polysomnography. Initial details were presented at ESRS 2012: Validation of a new Actigraph MotionWatch versus Polysomnography on 70 healthy and suspected sleep disordered subjects. There will be a more detailed publication of this comparison to follow.